The customer is a privately held, German consumer electronic device manufacturing company with a product portfolio consisting of TV, Internet Radio, and Video & Audio solutions for various platforms.
Porting DLNA 1.5 into the target platform and supporting various use cases for the effective media sharing.
- Ready to be deployed DLNA 1.5 stack on Linux, with the architectural flexibility of being able to port onto any target platform
- The stack should also be able to support all the conformance test suites to be able to meet the requirements of certification and inter-op with other DLNA enabled devices
- As the scope of this project, the customer here wanted this media sharing capability in their latest Internet Radio product
Tata Elxsi’s Solution
A combination of DMP and DMR profile of DLNA stack was ported on the device. DLNA stack was ported on SoC of Blackfin from ADI.
- The ready stack provided the customer with the vital time-to-market advantage and ensured the critical factors such as effective inter-op with other DLNA enabled CE devices.
- The device now can seamlessly connect with any other DLNA compliant CE device resulting in browse, render and play capability for supported media items. To support this Tata Elxsi also took up the additional support required to enable various use case scenarios.