Gateway ECU’s primary functionality is to control the inter-bus communications necessary to pass information between the multiple communications networks in the vehicle. Tata Elxsi implemented its AUTOSAR 3.0 IP and the second layer was retained by the customer for running its own application.
Scope of Engagement
- Development of gateway modules, hardware and software
- ASIL classified
- HW design
- Schematics entry
- Design of PCB layout
- FMEA, FTA, reliability analysis
- Diagnostic coverage calculated for each safety goal
- Evaluation of safety goal violation due to random HW failures
- Hardware test planning/Test case development
- SW design and development
- Prototype manufacturing
- Functional tests of prototypes
- Safety case development
Tata Elxsi’s Value Proposition
- Tata Elxsi’s strong experience in AUTOSAR based ECU development coupled with hardware prototyping to international standards, has enabled this OEM to achieve over 30% reductions in development costs.
- Tata Elxsi provided this OEM the much needed flexibility to add/modify the requirements during the program and also developed the Hardware design which was provided to the EMS vendor for mass production.
- In an on-going relationship, Tata Elxsi continues to support the Automotive OEM with software maintenance of the ECU and also to develop multiple variants of the Gateway ECU