This website is best viewed in portrait mode.
Body Control Module
Functional Tester of Body Control Module for a Heavy Commercial vehicle
The customer is a famous European Automotive part supplier with a presence in more than 30 countries.
The Body control module is the primary module in the vehicle’s electrical system. The module provides power distribution and circuit protection to other units in the vehicle, monitors sensors and switches and drives output loads by means of FET’s or switched relay loads. Software is also developed by Tata Elxsi and is running for the OSEK operating system on NEC V850 microcontroller.
Scope of Engagement
- Validation of Truck BCM (Interior and exterior lighting, power distribution etc.)
- Two Control units (Cabin and Chassis), Two programs (Europe and United states)
- Validation of 9000 requirement IDs & Diagnostic requirements
- On-site program management and Test coordination with different centers
- Validation support for multiple HW samples and SW releases
- Test automation
A dedicated offshore validation team of engineers were deployed for a period of 36 months which also included a program coordinator and validation engineers at onsite. For output data capturing and input simulation National Instruments Data acquisition cards were used along with USB controllable load switching relay unit and electronic loads were used. Labwindows environment was used for test scripting and MS Excel for test case definition.
Our validation engineers developed and executed more than 21000 test cases and the results of execution was automatically exported to DOORS and linked to the requirement. We also developed reusable test application framework based on the Test Database. These developed test cases have a selectable priority.